What is My Web Search?Edit
My Web Search also known as the My Way Speedbar is the Internet Explorer toolbar part of the suite of utilities such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, Popular Screensavers, Webfetti, and the My Way website portal. The toolbar allows easy access to search engine results and a 404 Error Redirector called My Total Search among other things to your browser. This is not to be confused with the IBIS Web Search toolbar.
How to RemoveEdit
How Do I Remove My Web Search?Edit
First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
- My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
- My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
- My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
- My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
- Search Assistant - My Way
4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
8) MyWebSearch should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.